It is true; all good things come to an end, and the evolution from Windows 7 to 10 is no different. The difference is, as good as Windows 7 is, Windows 10 is better.
How? Well, Windows 10 upgrade means fewer security compromises resulting in less user downtime, and that dear reader is a WIN-WINDOWS 10!
In addition to the security and efficiency perks, there are three other main reasons and benefits to upgrading your PC ASAP to Windows 10.
If you are still using Windows 7 or earlier versions come January 14, 2020, Microsoft will not provide security updates, fixes, or technical support for any issues — leaving your device at higher risk from viruses and malware.
Windows 10 includes Built-in:
- Windows Defender Antivirus: protecting against malware and spyware across email, apps, the cloud, and the web.
- Windows Hello: offering a password-free sign-in option to unlock your devices with your face or a fingerprint reader.
- Find My Device: locking and erasing your Windows device remotely, or mapping the location of your device.
- Bitlocker Disk Encryption: protecting the data on your device so it can only be accessed by people who have authorization. Note: that BitLocker isn’t available on Windows 10 Home edition.
2. USER EXPERIENCE
Thanks to several added features, Windows 10 offers a better user experience. Here are a few:
- Phone app: Now, you can access texts, notifications, and apps on your Android using your PC — similar to Apple’s Continuity features.
- Calls: Allowing you to place and answer Android calls on your PC as well — another Apple feature.
- Dictation: Allowing you to record and transcribe ideas quickly.
- Cortana: Microsoft’s Digital Assistant is also available on Windows 10 PCs.
- Cloud Tools: Better integration with Windows 10 such as Microsoft OneDrive
3. AUTOMATIC UPDATES
Now, Windows 10 offers automatic updates by default to keep systems more secure. The automatic updates will happen reasonably frequently, similar to the update prompts you to get from your Android or iOS device.
Although your devices will still work if you continue to use Windows 7 after January 14, 2020, it is essential to know that Microsoft will stop issuing security updates, leaving you vulnerable to security risks and viruses.
To help put this all into perspective, when Windows 7 was released in 2009, the 2nd generation iPhone had just come out.
Do you still have one of those? Well, Windows has evolved too.
At Edafio, we are humans helping humans with IT and cybersecurity solutions to keep your business online and safe as humanly possible.
If you have questions, please comment down below, or you can always send your queries via email.