Edafio Associate Spotlight
We believe that one of the most important things we can do at Edafio is foster meaningful connections between coworkers and what better way to do this than through employee recognition?
That is why each month we spotlight an awesome associate to help keep us inspired and connect. Our January spotlight goes to Chris Schwilling, a systems engineer.
2. What drew you to this profession? It kind of fell in my lap. I went to school to be a Park Ranger. After college, I started working a very entry-level IT job at a local school to just make some money and here I am10 years later.
“All my experience and expertise in information technology is credited to learning from my co-workers at Edafio.”
3. Have you ever met anyone famous? If I have I didn’t realize it.
4. What do you like to do in your free time? Eat. I also enjoy cycling, drumming, and watching European soccer (YNWA). I used to play in a few bands and had more interesting stories then, but now it’s mostly enjoying eating.
5. Have you read any good books lately? “Your Baby’s First Word Will Be Dada” by Jimmy Fallon and “Bringing up girls” by James Dobson.
6. What does your ideal vacation look like? Somewhere far away from computers… and it has to have incredible food. I prefer woods over the beach.
7. When I’m creatively stuck, I… go on a long bike ride to clear my head. Revisit my old favorite records (yes records- I’m a vinyl collector).
8. Any interesting facts about yourself that you’d like to share? Eh, not really. Maple donuts are the best and most underrated?
9. What would be impossible for you to give up? Hearing. I could handle losing my vision or a limb or two, but don’t take away my hearing. I don’t think I could make it without music.
10. Who or what inspires you?
Winnie the Pooh and his friends. No matter how many times he got his head stuck in that honey jar, his friends were always around to help him. That is true friendship.
And last but not least…
Everyone at Edafio has a story about why they joined the team. What’s yours? I was still pretty early on in my IT career when I started at Edafio. I was working for the State in a very small IT department that didn’t offer much growth. Justin and Keith reached out to me needing a full-time service desk employee with potential and promise for growth and I have been here ever since.
Thanks for your time, Chris! We’re grateful for your dedication, diligence and sense of humor to get us through each day. You represent each of our core values – humility, respect and unquestionable integrity with excellence and ease.
Edafio is always looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. For an opportunity to work with folks like Chris, be sure to visit our careers page to learn more.