26 May Meet Jennifer Davis, Associate spotlight for may
We are thrilled to pay tribute today to Jennifer Davis, one of our esteemed Edafio colleagues and an associate spotlight for May.
With so many of us working remotely, yet there being the comings and goings of staff that are part of every dynamic organization, it can be challenging to get to know our coworkers better as people. We have to be mindful that our company culture thrives on people as much as their technical skills!
As such we are finding that our periodic interviews with associates allow us to acknowledge and celebrate the beautiful life stories, amazing professional accomplishments, and even the little quirks that make us uniquely wonderful human beings. We hope you find each Edafio associate story as inspiring as we do in gathering and sharing them.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. I’m originally from Texas; I moved to NWA three years ago with my husband Shane and my eight-year-old daughter Caroline. My husband is in the CPG vendor world, so I always suspected that at one time or another, a move to Bentonville would be in my future; I just had no idea when, or just how much I would love it here! My husband and I both graduated from Texas Tech University, where I earned my Bachelor of Science in Biology. While we would love the family tradition to continue with my daughter Caroline, I’m pretty sure she’s already decided to “Call the Hogs!” when the time comes.
- Have any favorite quotes? The best advice I’ve ever received, was given to me via a fortune cookie. “Be prepared to modify your plan”, and it’s never been wrong.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Yoga and hot yoga specifically are my free time passion, I’m not great at it by any means, but there’s just something about the studio and the art of practicing yoga that is just so addicting! It truly is what helps balance me out and hit the reset button after a long day or week (or quarantine).
- When I’m creatively stuck, I… I turn towards cooking and attempt a fancy new dish, or I dive into decorating and design projects (and by projects, I mean that I buy a lot of home design magazines, and my Pinterest boards are filled to the max). Oh and I do like to organize my closet a lot, I’m one of those people.
During my first conversation with Jen, I thought ‘she gets it.'” Since then, she’s only exceeded that first impression. If it is possible to be “relentlessly committed to the client,” then that phrase describes Jen. She has a focus on client success as a north star, and tempers that with making sure the goals between her clients and Edafio are aligned. A BIG thanks to Jen for ramping up so quickly and finding success that positions Edafio for a healthy and prosperous future!Mark Hodges – VP of Sales and Client Management
- What would be impossible for you to give up? I think almost my entire NWA team probably knows my answers to this question…. And it would be my precious La Croix drinks! I have gotten much better with only having one or two a day, but they are my special treat during the day, for sure!
- When was the last time you did something for the first time? Last weekend actually! My parents just bought a house on a lake here in Arkansas, and last weekend I went paddleboarding for like the 2nd or 3rd time ever, and my friend talked me into doing paddleboard yoga! It was a blast, and the lake was freezing!
- Everyone at Edafio has a story about why they joined the team. What’s yours? Deciding to join Edafio was not a decision that I took lightly. After working at my previous organization for just shy of 10 years, deciding to leave was like leaving one family and looking for another. But that’s precisely what I found! From my first conversation with my now Edafio teammates, I knew that this was an organization I wanted to be a part of. From our unified core values to our service-focused work ethic, the Edafio culture and its people resonated deeply with who I am on a personal and professional level.
Thank you for sharing more about yourself with our colleagues, clients, and community, Jen!
Edafio is always looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. For an opportunity to work with folks like Jennifer, be sure to visit our careers page to learn more.